Kiwi in Bristol Uk

Why not come in here and introduce yourself... ( it'll then open up more forum features to you)
Kellydunnos

Re: Kiwi in Bristol Uk

Post by Kellydunnos » Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 am

codge wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Hi Kelly, Welcome

codge (Dave).
Hi Codge,

thanks for the warm welcome, Much appreciated.

Cheers

Kelly

Kellydunnos

Post by Kellydunnos » Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 am

Hobbawobba wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm
Sup Kelly! Got a few of us Kiwi's about on here aye :D . Got any pics of the ride?
Hi,

I thought there would be a few fellow kiwi's here we do have a soft spot for Rotary powered vehicles.

I'll get some pics on the site in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Kelly

Kellydunnos

Post by Kellydunnos » Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 am

brawr wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:24 pm
Hi! Where abouts in NZ are you from? I've just returned to the UK after living in Masterton on the lower North for the past 4 years. Sweet country bro.
How you doing Brawr.

I'm from sunny Dunnos. NZ is a great country. Are you from NZ originally or did you have a long holiday? Driven Through Masterton on my way from Auckland to Wellington more than 30 years ago ...that make me sounds old.

Cheers Kelly

Kellydunnos

Post by Kellydunnos » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

Casey wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 pm
Yep, welcome along, we all love old skool rotaries on here, so any further updates and photos would be great :)

Thanks will post pics when I get home presently away working.

I've managed to find a Savanna lower front clip new from Phils Rotaries in OZ and a few other bits he is closing up shop.

Also got RX7l FD3S front brake hub conversion from MSF Racing components OZ to install to add a little more stopping power.

I'm still undecided on whether to try and keep it original as possible which I'm leaning towards. But evolution is part of owning retro cars and I do like going fast ha ha.

Cheers

Kelly

Kellydunnos

Post by Kellydunnos » Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will post some picture of the RX3 coupe in the next coupes of weeks.

I'm not 100 % sure of the plans I have for the Rx3 as yet.
It is largely original "body wise". It was painted (red) about 6 years ago when I purchased it, not to the highest standard but there is not a large amount of rust which is positive.
The engine and gearbox are from a Mazda 808 which will be removed and going very cheaply when I get the time to remove them.
I am still largely undecided on motor and gearbox combinations - I have a 12a 6 port engine and gearbox requiring rebuild and new housing as chrome is coming away from the edges.
I am tempted to go 13b as they seem to be more readily available with plenty of power and I have a celica gearbox and Adapter plate so can take big power but as this requires cutting out the transmission tunnel to fit the gear box I'm not totally sold on this option yet.

I Plan to install the FD3 brakes,disc's and huds on the front end to make it stop and looking into viable diff combinations to take the power, Seems like rx7 GSL SE are a straight swap, if anyone has any leads or advice as to what diff the information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kelly