North Yorkshire Newbie

Why not come in here and introduce yourself... ( it'll then open up more forum features to you)
BlueRexy272Y

North Yorkshire Newbie

Post by BlueRexy272Y » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

Hi,

I thought it about time that I joined the Forum having owned my RX7 fb for just over a year, and previously having stripped and fettled a couple of old 12a engines.

I am the proud owner of AGU 272Y a tidy very original series 2 that my 4 year old daughter named Rexy. It was in use most of last year although I now need to do a bit of fettling (rear disc, new brake hoses and replace the blowing thermal reactor with a spare I have in the shed 'to remove or not to remove?'). The paint is a little faded and I am in two minds whether to keep Rexy original or have a sympathetic re-spray. Open to peoples thoughts.

Braap beep braap beep braaap beep.

G

A7RXY

Re: North Yorkshire Newbie

Post by A7RXY » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi G and welcome, that's the problem we all have they are only original once, over the 30 years I've owned mine I've collected many parts to revamp it, but as its still all original even running on an original Mazda exhaust, I've yet to start.

Dibs
PS mine is called Rexy has as my two previous ones.

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi G,
Welcome to the Forum.....Owned for a year. I guess you have found your way around it by now!
It would be great to see some pictures...is it on the road or being restored..................we would love to see some pictures.
regards Pete
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

codge

Post by codge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:58 pm

If your exhaust is OK and just needs the reactor changing I would keep it standard.
But I will bet that the 1st section of the exhaust is cracked inside and the car pops and bangs because of that.

The price and availability of standard parts means that everyone changes eventually and gets rid of the reactor.
Posts on here how to do it.

Please keep us in the know as to what you do.

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Welcome! Would love to see some pictures aye :D