The Yellow Peril

RX7's we owned in days gone by....
User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by A7RXY » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:04 pm

This is the only photo I have of my 1st RX7
Image

dibs

codge
Posts: 2537
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 am
Location: South Yorks.

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by codge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 pm

redarrow wrote:do we know where it is now?
No, 'fraid not. Presume scrapped.
Last noted as Unlicensed since 1993. Was red not yellow on last DVLA's entry at that time.

Chud
Posts: 844
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:35 am
Location: North Dorset, UK

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by Chud » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:57 pm

I've gotta a lotta time for the yellow one.
http://www.exile-rotorsport.com

instagram: tymboooo

1980 series 1 - Oldones S4 13BT 395rwhp @ 14psi
1959 VW Splitscreen Kombi "The Queen"

User avatar
chc
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Wirral

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by chc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey Dibs, at least your Sa was UK spec'd but was it an Elford or simply added alloys?
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

User avatar
chc
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Wirral

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by chc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I do agree with you Chud the brightness of a yellowun does make them stand out in the crowd - as do whiteuns and reduns too.
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

User avatar
ian65
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by ian65 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 pm

chc wrote:Hey Dibs, at least your Sa was UK spec'd but was it an Elford or simply added alloys?
I think Dibs just blagged the alloys or if I remember right, the dealer put them on the car to jazz it up a bit to sell it.

User avatar
chc
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Wirral

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by chc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:00 pm

ian65 wrote:
chc wrote:Hey Dibs, at least your Sa was UK spec'd but was it an Elford or simply added alloys?
I think Dibs just blagged the alloys or if I remember right, the dealer put them on the car to jazz it up a bit to sell it.

Whatever the reason it set the car off just right in my book th:
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:24 pm

chc wrote:
ian65 wrote:
chc wrote:Hey Dibs, at least your Sa was UK spec'd but was it an Elford or simply added alloys?
I think Dibs just blagged the alloys or if I remember right, the dealer put them on the car to jazz it up a bit to sell it.

Whatever the reason it set the car off just right in my book th:
As Ian has said they were on the car as the dealer had this series 1 left and the series 2 was already on the market, now that's the car I should have kept.

User avatar
chc
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Wirral

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by chc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Is it still 'alive' today ? If so, who knows what the future might turn up ?
I would say that "The Yellow Peril" didn't have modern electrics (windows, ignition) of the later series but it was a fantastic machine and if I knew then how few would be remaining I'd have had second thoughts about selling it
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: The Yellow Peril

Post by A7RXY » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:17 am

I think it died long ago .............. RIP

Post Reply